The Liability Protection Program is designed to provide protection from liability for the members of the HOA/POA Board of Directors, the board's CERT Committee and the individual members of the CERT Team.
The guidance for establishing the Liability Protection Program for a CERT is provided in the FEMA: CERT Liability Guide and the FEMA/Citizen Corps: Volunteer Liability Guide.
Additional protection from liability is derived from demonstrating knowledge of, and adherence to:
Possible liability actions:
- damage to property
- damage to an individual
- your legal costs
- the plaintif's legal costs
- court costs
The NCA liability protection program is achieved in five parts
• HOA/POA Liability Insurance
• The training and understanding of federal, state and county liability protection laws
• Application of liability prevention practices in emergency situations
• Maintenannce of liability protection documentation
• Organization for depositions and courtroom appearance